Man City 1-2 L'Pool: Klopp compounds Guardiola woes

Champions League By: Iseghohi Odianosen | 10/04/2018

Jurgen Klopp has compounded Pep Guardiola woes after Liverpool defeated Manchester City 2-1 in the second leg of the Champions League quarter-final at the Etihad Stadium on Tuesday evening after the Reds came from behind to beat Cityzens, Gabriel Jesus put City ahead in the second minute but a good second half display saw Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino fired Liverpool to victory as they handed Guardiola his third defeat in a row as Liverpool advanced to the semi-finals on 5-1 on aggregate.

Manchester City approached the game with high intensity in their attacking play and it paid off almost immediately when Raheem Sterling broke off from Virgil van Dijk to square the ball for Gabriel Jesus in the box who made no mistake to beat Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius the second minute to the home team ahead.

Manchester City goalkeeper Moraes Ederson and Liverpool forward Sadio Mane was shown a yellow card in the 14th minute of the encounter.

Liverpool was forced to sit deep as Pep Guardiola’s men continued to heap pressure on the away team. Kevin de Bruyne enjoyed a lot of space in the midfield as he continued to distribute pass to his teammates.

Bernardo Silva was shown a yellow card for handling the ball unknowing in the box after he fired a shot that was blocked by Liverpool a defender.

Firmino was shown a card for a yellow card in the 34th minute after he brought down De Bruyne in the midfield in a bid to stop a counter-attack.

Bernardo Silva shot was deflected in the 38th after a nice display in the penalty area.

Oxlade- Chamberlain shot was saved by Ederson which is first Liverpool attempt on goal.  Liverpool put in a decent attempt in the attack as the visitors launched an attack through the fast -play of Mohamed Salah who connected well with Chamberlain but the former Arsenal player was unable to find the back of the net after rounding off goalkeeper in a tight angle. The first half ended in 1-0 in favour of Manchester City was is not scared to lose with the approach they adopt.

Manchester City manager was giving a marching order at the end of the first half after his harassment on the referee

Manchester City continued the quest to get the second goal as they push forward in a total attacking football.

Salah got the equalizing goal in the 56th minute after he collected a loose ball and rounded off Nicola Otamendi to chip in the empty net.

Manchester City make their first sub as David Silva was replaced by Sergio Aguero in the 64th minute s City continued to press further but Liverpool remained determined in the backline.

Bernardo Silva was substituted in the 73rd minute as Ilkay Gudo gan was brought in to salvage the game.

Liverpool got the second goal after a mistimed pass from Otamendi which was intercepted by Firmino who made no mistake to score the goal.