Man Utd 2-1 Tottenham: Sanchez leads Devils to FA Cup final

FA Cup By: Linus Onyeze | 21/04/2018

Manchester United progressed to the final of the FA Cup after coming from behind to beat Tottenham 2-1 in one of the semi-finals played at Wembley on Saturday.

Dele Alli gave Spurs an early lead, before Alexis Sanchez levelled for the Red Devils later in the first half. Ander Herrera then scored what proved to be the winner in the second half as United edges closer to winning a trophy this season.

This was a game that started with a really high tempo, expectedly, seeing as it offers both side’s only avenue to a trophy this season. It was a game that saw both sides show decent amounts of intensity going forward, but it was Spurs who looked better on the offense.

That would prove true in the 11th minute when Alli met a perfect cross from Christian Eriksen deep inside the box and controlled it with a nice first touch. He produced a low shot into the middle of the goal to beat David De Gea. Spurs lead 1-0.

The interesting is, despite the decent intensity of the game, very little chances were being created and that was the case after Spurs took the lead, as there were no real chances created until the 24th minute. This was when Paul Pogba sent a superb cross into the box. Sanchez latched on to it and from close range planted a header inside the left post, leaving Michel Vorm beaten. He displayed his eye for goal there - excellent finish.

United were back in the game and it was looking really interesting at this point. With time swinging away and shortly before the break, a neat pass was well received by Pogba, who was lurking on the edge of the box and struck the ball towards the right post, but the goalkeeper made an incredible diving save to block his shot.

And in the second minute of the first half stoppage time, Spurs had a chance as a good touch by Eriksen saw him latch on to an accurate pass before attempting to threaten the goalkeeper with his long-range shot. Unluckily for him, his attempt only rattled the left post.

The second period started slightly slower than the first, but still, it was an entertaining start to the half but like the first, there were little or no chances being created in the opening exchanges.

The game would run through the 62nd minute before there was a real piece of action. Herrera took a great first touch to control a killer pass on the edge of the box and produced a low drive that goes into the middle of the goal. United take the lead here.

Marcus Rashford had a glorious opportunity to end the game late on, but his hesitation meant Eric Dier was on hand to clear the danger.