Jose MOurinho will hope his side can begin their Premier League campaign with a win against West Ham.
Manchester United begin their 2017/18 Premier League campaign with this home fixture against West Ham.
Jose Mourinho will get the chance to show that last season’s sixth placed finish was only a blip, while Slaven Bilic will also get the chance to show his West Ham side can do better than they did last term.
Both clubs have been active in the transfer market, and it will be interesting to see who will come out the best at the end of the game.Team News
* Luke Shaw, Ashley Young and Marcos Rojo are all long-term absentees, with the latter recovering from a knee injury.
* Jose Mourinho is likely to give new signings Romelu Lukaku and Nemanja Matic their Premier League debuts.
* All four of West Ham's major summer signings are available, meaning Javier Hernandez is likely to start against his former club.
* Michail Antonio, Manuel Lanzini, Cheikhou Kouyate, Andy Carroll and Diafra Sakh are out injured.Head-to-head
* Manchester United have won 17 of their 21 Premier League home matches against West Ham (D2, L2).
* The Hammers' last win over United was a 3-2 Premier League victory in May 2016, which was also the final game at Upton Park.
* However, West Ham have not won at Old Trafford for 10 years since they avoided relegation thanks to a Carlos Tevez winner.Match FactsManchester United
* United have only lost one of their 13 opening-day Premier League fixtures at Old Trafford (W9, D3) - a 2-1 defeat by Swansea City in 2014.
* Jose Mourinho has never lost a home match on a Sunday in his managerial career, winning 86 and drawing 26 of his 112 games in all competitions.
* The Manchester United manager has also never lost on the opening day of a Premier League campaign (W7, D1).
* Romelu Lukaku has scored in seven of his last eight games against West Ham.West Ham United
* West Ham have lost 10 opening-day fixtures, more than any other Premier League club.
* Javier Hernandez scored 37 goals in 103 Premier League games for Manchester United, netting a goal every 130 minutes for the club.
* Joe Hart could become the first away goalkeeper to keep three clean sheets at Old Trafford. His previous two came with Manchester City in March 2014 and October 2015.