Manchester City was held to a 3-3 draw by Newcastle United at St James Park on Sunday evening in their Premier League clash, both teams showed great attacking prowess from the start of the game.

Manchester City drew the first blood in the 6th minute with Ilkay Gundogan’s strike following a brilliant display from Bernando Silva in the 6th minute of the clash.

Both keepers were called into action with both sides playing attacking football, Nathan Ake was substituted due to injury and Ruben Diaz was thrown in for the Dutch defender.

Newcastle United had a couple of chances but they failed to convert most of the chances with finishing being their main issue. Callum Wilson almost got the equaliser but the touch was light that it couldn’t trouble Morales Ederson.

Newcastle United created issues for Manchester City’s right flank with Alan Saint-Maxima running it as business as usual, the effort paid off in the 28th minute with Miguel Almirón getting the equaliser for the home team.

Nick Pope made some saves to deny Kelvin de Bruyne before Newcastle United broke from Manchester City’s high defensive line.

Wilson scored the second goal in the 38th minute with a solo run from Maxim to set up Wilson for the second goal for the home team.

Erling Haaland almost got the equaliser for the Premier League champions his effort was rattled against the pole, and Kieran Trippier scored the third goal for Newcastle United from a dead-ball situation as the defender sent an unstoppable shot to the top roof of the net to make it 3-1.

Haaland scored the second goal from a scuffle to make it 3-2 in the 60th, the Norweigian attacker was at it again but his effort was saved.

Kevin de Bruyne display good vision as he spotted Bernado unmarked to get the equaliser in the 64th minute of the match to make it 3-3.

Manchester City fought back to earn a draw against Newcastle United in a six-goal thriller in their third game of the new season.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here