Southampton are going head to head with Liverpool tonight at 7:45 WAT at St. Mary’s Stadium stadium for their Premier League clash.
The Saints played against the Reds in one match this season. Currently, Southampton is ranked 15th, while Liverpool holds 2nd position on the league table.
See Southampton – Liverpool Preview, Match facts and more
Southampton V Liverpool Match Facts
- Liverpool have won 14 of their last 16 matches
- Southampton have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 4 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Southampton’s last 3 games
- Southampton have failed to win 9 of their last 10 matches
Southampton V Liverpool Team News
- Southampton have had 10 days to prepare for the welcome of Liverpool on Tuesday night.
- Alex McCarthy was back on the bench last time out and could make his first league appearance since December as Fraser Forster only returned to training on Monday.
- Stuart Armstrong is also a doubt for Southampton’s final home game of the season.
- Look for Oriol Romeu to come back into the starting XI after dropping to the bench in defeat to Brentford last time out.
- Che Adams was an unused substitute in defeat to Brentford and will push for a recall up top.
- Liverpool’s FA Cup final win over Chelsea came at a cost with Mo Salah and Virgil van Dijk coming off injured. Neither are expected to play here.
- After Manchester City’s slip-up on Sunday, Jurgen Klopp has a massive decision to make here. He should really rotate given the tight turnaround but he will now be tempted to go full strength.
- Fabinho travelled with the Liverpool team to Wembley but won’t be risked here with the Champions League around the corner.
- Youngsters Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliott will hope for game time on Tuesday.
Southampton won 1-0 the last time they hosted Liverpool at St.Mary’s Stadium. However, they are just not in any sort of form to follow that up with a positive result here.
We are tipping Liverpool to win by one goal to nil.
Stay updated on fcnaija for football news now.